COVID-19 Home Care Resource Center
Helping Home Care Providers Accelerate their Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
SMARTcare Software is working hard to help home care agencies keep their staff, caregivers, and the clients and families they care for safe during the COVID-19 crisis. SMARTcare was founded on the notion that we have a duty to our parents, grandparents and all members of older generations to ensure that they age with dignity with healthcare that meets their needs, provides comfort, safety, convenience and the best experience possible.
Our mission is the foundation of everything that we do at SMARTcare. In the face of this global emergency we are committed to providing information, resources and direct support for our customers and the entire home care community.MORE ABOUT COVID19 TOOLSET
Follow healthy habits
Share with and remind your caregivers, office staff and client’s of the common sense healthy habits they should follow to help protect them from any sickness. The CDC still advocates that the most effective way to avoid transmitting sicknesses is through effective hand washing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- No soap and water – use a 60% alcohol hand sanitizer. Rub them together until they feel dry
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid all non-essential travel
- Stay-at-home except to get medical care, food, or emergency care
- Feeling sick, call first before visiting your doctor
Stay informed and keep your staff, caregivers and their families safe
Continue to monitor and stay informed with highly trusted official sources of news on COVID-19. Sources like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), The National Association for Home Care NAHC coronavirus resource page and your local health departments.
Be visible even when virtual
During this time when many of us are working out of our remote offices we can easily forget to check in with our staff and care teams. Be visible to your caregivers, team members, clients and other stakeholders virtually. Reach out regularly with individual calls, group messages and updates. Your caregivers and back-office team look to you to inspire confidence that what they are doing matters and that you are there to support them. Communicating with them honestly, openly and transparently will build their confidence and increase their trust in you.
- Be virtually visible
- Share safety protocols
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Monitor and share changing COVID-19 guidelines
- Celebrate the wins and successes
- Listen to your team
Develop a list of home care provider FAQs
Your staff, caregivers, clients and their families all have questions. Some may be asking you and your care team directly, while others are just thinking about them. Be proactive and prepare a list of questions and responses for caregivers, clients and their families. Share the client FAQs with your staff and care team so they are prepared to answer and support your COVID-19 communication plan.
Here is a start:
Q: Can we secure additional care for our loved one?
Q: How are your protecting our family member under your care?
Q: How are you keeping your caregivers safe?
Other COVID-19 resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidance
Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings
CMS Medicaid FAQs
- Caregiver Support: 10 Tips for Medication Management with Your Senior Clients
- 8 Top Benefits of Using Caregiver Gamification in Your Home Care Agency
- An Introduction to Using Gamification in Home Care: Motivate, Engage and Retain Your Caregivers
- COVID-19: The importance of home care agencies staying up-to-date with the latest CDC guidance as new variants emerge
- Using Automation to Optimize Your Hiring Process and Guarantee an Outstanding Candidate Experience
- NEWS: Register your home care agency now to receive benefits for encouraging COVID shots